Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On a Date: Pre-Marital Sex

We had been kissing and fondling but when I began to fumble with the buttons on her jeans she pushed me away, proclaiming, confidently, that she was saving herself for marriage. When I moved to the other side of the couch she became embarrassed.

"I mean, I might have sex if I've been with a guy for a long time. Maybe."

I got up to look at her book case, saying, "You might have trouble getting a guy to wait around."

"I don't think that's true at all."

"I wouldn't wait around."

"Then you're obviously not the right guy for me."

I was impressed by the books on her shelves. I recognized some, wanted to borrow others...  I turned back to her and she crossed her arms.

She asked, "You really can't date a girl unless she'll have sex?"

"I think we're at an impasse," I said, and I meant it with the utmost respect and regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment